ARCHEOBUS Rome Open Bus Tour
The Archeobus is for lovers of archeological history. The Archeobus tours on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. The tour departs every 30 minutes starting from 9.00AM – 4.00PM from Piazza del Cinquecento which is the square in front of Termini train Station. A hostess on board offers multilingual assistance! When hopping on the Archeobus, you'll receive disposable earphones and be able to listen to an audio guide in Italian, English, French, Spanish, German, Chinese, Japanese and Russian. The Archeobus offers both open seating and inside seating. The tour bus has 41 seats available and 1 area is reserved for people in wheelchairs.
The Archeobus will take you to the most famous Roman archaeological sites along Via Appia. It will stop at Stazione Termini (Termini train station), Colosseo (Colosseum), Terme di Caracalla (Baths of Caracalla), Porta S. Sebastiano, Appia Antica (Appia Antica Park), Valle della Caffarella (Caffarella Valley), Catacombe di San Callisto (Catacombs of St. Callixtus), Catacombe di San Sebastiano (Catacombs of Saint Sebastian), Cecilia Metella (Mausoleum of Cecilia Metella), Sant'Urbano, Capo di Bove, Stadio delle Terme, Bocca della Verita' (Mouth of Truth) and Piazza Venezia!
The tour lasts about 1 hour and a half. You can get off anywhere and then get back on again once you are finished with sightseeing. Of course the cost of admission to the sights is not included. Via Appia is closed on Sundays for public traffic. Taxi's, cars and buses with special permit like the Archeobus are allowed to drive through. Sundays may be a good time to take the Archeobus tour since it will let you out on the Via Appia where it is really peasant to take a stroll and the roads are not over-crowded with noisy cars.
These are the stops that the ARCHEOBUS will make;
1. Stazione Termini (Termini train station) - Piazza dei Cinque (Make sure you go to Piazza de Cinquecento in front of Rome’s main train station)
2. Colosseo (Colosseum) - Via San Gregorio
3. Terme de caracalla (Baths of Caracalla) - Viale delle Terme di Caracalla
4.Porta S. Sebastiano - Via di Porta S. Sebastiano 18
5. Appia Antica) Appia Antica Park - Via Appia Antica 56
6. Valle della Caffarella (Caffarella Valley)- Via della Caffarella 61
7. Catacombe di San Callisto (Catacombs of St. Callixtus) - Via Appia Antica 110
8. Catacombe di San Sebastiano (Catacombs of Saint Sebastian) - Via Appia Antica 136
9. Cecilia Metella (Mausoleum of Cecilia Metella) - Via Appia Antica 161
10. Sant'Urbano - Vicolo Sant'Urbano
11. Capo di Bove - Via Appia Antica 222
12. Stadio delle Terme - Largo Vittime del Terrorismo
13. Bocca della Verita' (Mouth of Truth) - Piazza Bocca della Verità, 16
14. Piazza Venezia - Via del Teatro di Marcello